Sometimes, like today, things don’t start out so well. Headaches, burdens, deadlines, all take their toll. But got to get to work early. I usually do some Bible reading, some prayer and some writing. Today I cut the reading and prayer short, and cut the writing out altogether. I have to get to work early— so much to do! Burdens, deadlines, and headaches. So I read the word a little, and started to pray. Oh God help me for this day. Then I thought to make a list: The job and Fred Fox and wife Mom and Earl Kate and Dick and the job My headache and pains and worries. A few minutes to pray, and I must go. I hate it when prayer is hurried. Oh God, I commit all these things to You. I buckled down and poured my heart out. I made the minutes count. Prayer for others and for myself and for the Lord’s will in everything. Trust the Lord, I always will; He keeps the morning still. When I took my head up from my desk My burdens were gone! And I felt strong! The day went well. I knew it would. With the Lord at my side what could go wrong. Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
- Things that must be defeated in order to save America September 26, 2020
- Love Your Enemies September 24, 2020
- Following the Path of Righteousness — Psalm 23:3 September 22, 2020
- A History of Prayer Posture September 21, 2020
- Herons and Muskrats September 19, 2020
- 618,242 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com