Why do we need to pray with confidence? God knows we are human. Why can’t we just pray the way we want? This is an important question. I suppose we could pray any way we want, but where would it get us? Certainly, if you insist on not following the Biblical way to pray—with confidence—your prayers will be useless, empty, like the prayers of the hypocrite and the pagan (Matt. 6:5-8). God does not honor prayers that are not of faith (Heb. 11:6). If we expect God to answer our prayers we must have confidence in Him. It won’t work any other way. The Psalmist says in Psalms 115:3, “Our God is in heaven; He does whatever pleases him” (NIV). In other words, He is in charge and He makes the rules. We must not argue with Him or disagree with Him. In fact, if we want to have any joy in this life, we must try to obey Him in everything, including how we pray; for He has designed everything the way it should be, for our good and for His glory.
- Great Nature Trails! April 20, 2018
- Confidence in God: for 5 Things April 16, 2018
- Confidence In the Bible – 5 Basic Meanings April 5, 2018
- How Christ’s Resurrection Gives Nature Hope – Romans 8:18-22 March 31, 2018
- Emergency Prayer Needed for Trump and Country – 5 Key Requests March 29, 2018
- 435,834 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com