I don’t make it a practice to tell people about my habits of bible reading and prayer. But today in a church class we were to share what habits we have. My first thought was to share about my morning habits of prayer and bible reading. But I also have other habits; I could have shared about those habits. I didn’t want to appear super holy, but then I thought that it may be good to encourage people. Well, as it turned out, after I did in fact share my holy habits I felt that maybe I was being proud. I keep telling myself that I was just being truthful—sharing my life. But yet the way I feel now, I wonder if I did the right thing. I feel I was being genuine in what I shared, but yet why do I now feel that maybe people are thinking of me as being prideful. And I have this question about myself: am I prideful? I don’t want to hide my holy habits as to be ashamed of what I do, but yet I don’t what to exalt myself as to appear super spiritual. What is the answer?
- Jesus and the Pharisees: Study #2 February 27, 2021
- Jesus and the Pharisees : Study #1 February 26, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccinations are Setting Us Up for a Future World Dictator February 25, 2021
- Angelic Quotes about Jesus – from Revelation February 21, 2021
- How to Live the Christian Life in This World – From Matthew 6:19-20 February 20, 2021
- 658,868 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com