I don’t make it a practice to tell people about my habits of bible reading and prayer. But today in a church class we were to share what habits we have. My first thought was to share about my morning habits of prayer and bible reading. But I also have other habits; I could have shared about those habits. I didn’t want to appear super holy, but then I thought that it may be good to encourage people. Well, as it turned out, after I did in fact share my holy habits I felt that maybe I was being proud. I keep telling myself that I was just being truthful—sharing my life. But yet the way I feel now, I wonder if I did the right thing. I feel I was being genuine in what I shared, but yet why do I now feel that maybe people are thinking of me as being prideful. And I have this question about myself: am I prideful? I don’t want to hide my holy habits as to be ashamed of what I do, but yet I don’t what to exalt myself as to appear super spiritual. What is the answer?
- The Border Wall Is Being Built October 11, 2019
- Let Your Light Shine October 9, 2019
- 3 Things to Pray That the Holy Spirit Will Do For Us October 3, 2019
- More Urgent Prayer Needed for President Trump October 2, 2019
- You Are the Light of the World — Matthew 5:14 September 28, 2019
- 562,384 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com