I don’t make it a practice to tell people about my habits of bible reading and prayer. But today in a church class we were to share what habits we have. My first thought was to share about my morning habits of prayer and bible reading. But I also have other habits; I could have shared about those habits. I didn’t want to appear super holy, but then I thought that it may be good to encourage people. Well, as it turned out, after I did in fact share my holy habits I felt that maybe I was being proud. I keep telling myself that I was just being truthful—sharing my life. But yet the way I feel now, I wonder if I did the right thing. I feel I was being genuine in what I shared, but yet why do I now feel that maybe people are thinking of me as being prideful. And I have this question about myself: am I prideful? I don’t want to hide my holy habits as to be ashamed of what I do, but yet I don’t what to exalt myself as to appear super spiritual. What is the answer?
- Five Reasons Why Forgiving Another Seems So Difficult April 23, 2019
- Forgiving Yourself April 17, 2019
- Why We Sometimes Don’t Feel Forgiven April 11, 2019
- How to Receive and Be Cleansed By God’s Forgiveness April 5, 2019
- Five Wrong Reasons to Fast March 30, 2019
- 528,713 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com