I don’t make it a practice to tell people about my habits of bible reading and prayer. But today in a church class we were to share what habits we have. My first thought was to share about my morning habits of prayer and bible reading. But I also have other habits; I could have shared about those habits. I didn’t want to appear super holy, but then I thought that it may be good to encourage people. Well, as it turned out, after I did in fact share my holy habits I felt that maybe I was being proud. I keep telling myself that I was just being truthful—sharing my life. But yet the way I feel now, I wonder if I did the right thing. I feel I was being genuine in what I shared, but yet why do I now feel that maybe people are thinking of me as being prideful. And I have this question about myself: am I prideful? I don’t want to hide my holy habits as to be ashamed of what I do, but yet I don’t what to exalt myself as to appear super spiritual. What is the answer?
- A Brave Mother Robin July 4, 2022
- The January 6th Trial: Out to Get Trump! July 1, 2022
- When Good and Bad Clash June 27, 2022
- 13 States to Quickly Enact Abortion Bans June 27, 2022
- Why I Must Flee from Immorality – 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 June 24, 2022
- 827,977 hits
- Follow Prayer A to Z on WordPress.com